Theatre Conservatory instructors and staff see the progress of students, both in and out of class. They see the joy and the confidence that builds through the weeks, months and—often—years that students spend in the program. Read below what students say about the program.
Students in Grades 3-6
- "SCR helps me to act better and everyone here is nice and helpful. They teach you things in a fun way. This is the best place ever for young actors."
- "I love SCR because it's fun and everybody loves you."
- "SCR opened up part of my creativity that I never used before."
- "What I love the most about SCR is you can be yourself."
- "I love SCR. When I’m here, I feel like I can do anything—like stop evil sorcerers and get the moon for somebody."
- "I found my favorite hobby at SCR."
Students in Grades 7-8
- "I thank SCR for making me feel like I belong. I’ve made friends here who accept me for who I am."
- "This place has become my second home. The teachers are amazing and I have learned more about acting and myself.
- "I met new friends and learned to just be myself and have fun. I also love that in theatre there are no wrong answers and no one can judge you for being you!"
- "The teachers and staff are always fun, professional, and interesting, giving me an awesome experience in every class I take."
Students in Grades 9-12
- "SCR has helped me explore acting and has given me something to look forward to every week."
- "I love how you learn more of how to be an actor, rather than memorizing and reciting. It has more depth this way, which makes your performances more powerful."
- "Being at SCR has really changed me, it has given me so much more confidence in myself."
- "I love SCR because it has expanded my knowledge and experience of acting through a fun and safe environment. It is always the highlight of my day and I look forward to going every week."