OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
May 2, 2022— Health and Safety Update: We have changed the window of time within which a PCR test is accepted to 48 hours and are now accepting antigen tests within 24 hours of performance. These measures continue to be our best methods to ensure that “the show will go on” and are consistent with the commitment we have made with our audiences, artists, staff and volunteers for their safety. We greatly appreciate your continued cooperation and look forward to seeing you at the theatre.
- All patrons, artists, staff and volunteers attending performances must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of their visit. “Fully vaccinated” means your performance is at least 14 days after your final vaccine dose.
- To enter the theatre, you are required to show your vaccination card each time you visit. Patrons may bring either their physical vaccination card, a photo of their vaccination card or a digital vaccination record. Most California residents may request a digital vaccination record at https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/
- Ticketholders without proof of full vaccination must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test (PCR taken within 48 hours or antigen taken within 24 hours) prior to entering the theatre. Attendees will need to bring either documentation of their negative COVID-19 test, emailed result, or a photo of results showing negative diagnosis, as well as the date and their name. At home tests will not be accepted.
- Those age 18 and older must provide identification to confirm that the individual presenting proof of vaccine or negative PCR test is the attendee.
- All patrons, staff and volunteers, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear facial masks that cover their mouth and nose, and remain masked at all times while inside the building.
- Cloth, surgical and KN95 masks are all acceptable. Masks with exhalation valves, gaiters, bandanas, scarves, etc. are not permitted. Face shields will not be accepted as mask substitutes.
Compliance and Policy
- Patrons who do not comply with the requirements detailed above will not be admitted.
- These policies are in effect now and will be re-assessed on an ongoing basis.
Health and Safety
- We are asking any patron who is feeling ill, has exhibited symptoms of COVID-19 in the previous 14 days, or has been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days to please stay home and utilize our ticket exchange or refund options. Our staff and volunteers are expected to do the same.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the lobby, and we encourage everyone to wash their hands frequently.
- The 2021/22 season has been scheduled so that during most weeks only one performance is running at a time. This will allow for less congestion and more space in the lobby, restrooms and on Ela’s Terrace before and after the performances and during intermissions.
- Currently we are selling seating to our full capacity, which means seating will not be socially distanced.Most likely you will have people sitting directly next to, in front of, and behind you.
- Please leave space between yourself and others as you line up to enter the venue.
- We will carefully manage lines to avoid overcrowding.
- You may be asked to take your seats early to avoid congestion.
- Our Front-of-House staff and volunteers will guide you with announcements and reminders and respond to any questions or concerns you may have.
Food and Drink
- Because masks must cover the mouth and nose at all times, food and drinks will not be allowed in the theatre.Concessions will be available for sale, but must consumed outdoors on Ela’s Terrace. We encourage patrons to pre-order intermission drinks and snacks in order to avoid lines and have plenty of time to enjoy their refreshments.
- Our HVAC systems have been upgraded with MERV-14 filters as per CDC recommendations and continue to be checked and maintained on a regular schedule.
- We have implemented rigorous cleaning protocols that follow CDC guidelines.
- We are cleaning and disinfecting the theatres after every performance and thoroughly disinfecting high-touch surfaces such as door handles, hand rails, counters and other shared surfaces prior to, during and after every performance.
Tickets and Programs
- If you prefer a touchless ticket, please request a print-at-home option when purchasing. Print-at-home tickets can be scanned from your phone, if desired.
- To reduce close interactions, programs will be available to be picked up on your way into the theatre. A digital program can be accessed by scanning the QR code posted in the lobby.
- Audiences should rest assured that if a performance is canceled or if they are unable or not ready to return, the value of their ticket will be honored with their choice of an exchange, a full refund or credit on account.
“What to Bring” Checklist
- Your vaccine card (physical, photo or digital) or proof of negative COVID test (PCR test taken within 48 hours of performance or antigen taken within 24 hours)
- Identification that confirms that you are the same person listed on your vaccination card or negative PCR test (if you are age 18 or older).
- Your mask
- Your tickets (if you already have them)
- To expedite our safety screenings as you enter, please bring minimal personal items with you.
- To ensure timely entry, please arrive early for your performance.