The setting for Once at South Coast Repertory includes an Irish pub and before the performance begins, the band (actors in the cast) will be playing traditional Irish bar songs live on stage. And you can join them onstage before the show!**
Here’s what you need to know if you want to enjoy a pre-show drink onstage while the band plays. And, if you have questions once you arrive at the theatre, please ask an usher.
How do I get a drink at the bar onstage?*
- You must pre-purchase a drink wristband from SCR’s Lobby Bar and then you may go on stage to pick up your drink—the limited menu for the Once stage bar is beer, wine or bottled water.*
- You must show your wristband at the onstage bar to receive your drink.*
- No drinks may be purchased directly from the stage bar.
- Wristband sales at the Lobby Bar will stop 15 minutes before curtain time.
- This on-stage experience has a limited-time at each performance: from 30 minutes prior to the show—when the house doors open—until 10 minutes before curtain time (that’s 7:50 p.m. for an 8 p.m. curtain and 7:20 p.m. for a 7:30 p.m. curtain; for matinees, that’s 2:20 p.m. for a 2:30 p.m. curtain).
- You may take drinks with you to your seats to enjoy during the show.
- The onstage bar is only before the performance; it is not available during intermission.
*If you pre-purchase a drink, but don’t retrieve it onstage prior to the performance, you may use your wristband at the Lobby Bar during intermission to pick up your drink.
What drinks will be available from the stage bar?**
- Harp beer on tap, Clos Du Bois Chardonnay and bottled water.
- The cost for wine and beer is $9 and it is served in a re-useable cup.
- The cost for a bottle of water is $2.
**REMINDER: You must pre-purchase a drink wristband from SCR’s Lobby Bar and then you may go on stage to pick up your drink. No drinks may be purchased directly from the stage bar. Any drink taken onstage MUST be in a re-useable cup.
I don’t want a drink. May I just go onto the stage before the performance?
- Yes! You’re welcome to walk up on stage and enjoy listening to the cast play music.
- This on-stage experience has a limited-time at each performance: from 30 minutes prior to the show—when the house doors open— until 10 minutes before curtain time.
May I go onstage for a drink during intermission?
No, this is a pre-show experience only. However, during intermission, you may purchase drinks from the Lobby Bar.
May I go to backstage area?
No—only the onstage area is open prior to the show.
Are you selling any Once merchandise?
Yes! The original Broadway Once cast recording and the Once libretto (script) will be available at our Theatre Gift Shop. We are also featuring new SCR re-usable cups this season.
Learn more about Once and purchase tickets.