COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocol
Updated Aug. 22, 2022
South Coast Repertory will no longer require proof of negative COVID-19 tests or vaccination for entry to performances. Masks are optional while inside our building, but strongly recommended.
We respect your choices and encourage you to take the necessary precautions to ensure your safety—and your enjoyment. We ask all audience members to respect each others’ choices, also.
If the need arises to re-instate safety requirements, you will be informed in advance of your performance.
If you are feeling ill on the day of your performance, stay home and contact the Ticket Services Office for a ticket exchange or refund.
Our Commitment to You
South Coast Repertory is committed to the safety of our audiences, artists, staff and volunteers. We are embracing the most up-to-date state and local guidelines and requirements for safety and sanitation, remaining informed and communicating those to the audience well in advance of their performances, and if they change, we will be sharing that also.
- These policies are in effect now and will be re-assessed on an ongoing basis.
- Any changes to these policies will be communicated to customers in advance of their performance and will be enforced.
Health and Safety
- We are asking any patron who is feeling ill or experiencing symptoms of COVID to please stay home and utilize our ticket exchange or refund options. Our staff and volunteers are expected to do the same.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the lobby, and we encourage everyone to wash their hands frequently.
- The season has been scheduled so that during most weeks only one performance is running at a time. This will allow for less congestion and more space in the lobby, restrooms and on Ela’s Terrace before and after the performances and during intermissions.
- Currently we are selling seating to our full capacity, which means seating will not be socially distanced. Most likely you will have people sitting directly next to, in front of, and behind you.
- Please leave space between yourself and others as you line up to enter the venue.
Food and Drink
- Concessions will be available for sale; however, food and drinks are not allowed in the theatre. We encourage you to consume them outdoors on Ela’s Terrace.
- We encourage patrons to pre-order intermission drinks and snacks in order to avoid lines and have plenty of time to enjoy their refreshments.
- Our HVAC systems have been upgraded with MERV-14 filters as per CDC recommendations and continue to be checked and maintained on a regular schedule.
- We have implemented rigorous cleaning protocols that follow CDC guidelines.
- We are cleaning and disinfecting the theatres after every performance and thoroughly disinfecting high-touch surfaces such as door handles, hand rails, counters and other shared surfaces prior to, during and after every performance.
Tickets and Programs
- If you prefer a touchless ticket, please request a print-at-home option when purchasing. Print-at-home tickets can be scanned from your phone, if desired.
- To reduce close interactions, programs will be available to be picked up on your way into the theatre. A digital program can be accessed by scanning the QR code posted in the lobby.
- Audiences should rest assured that if a performance is canceled or if they are unable or not ready to return, the value of their ticket will be honored with their choice of an exchange, a full refund or credit on account.
South Coast Repertory’s health and safety protocol has been developed with advice from the University of California Irvine.