School and Community Programs
With input from its Education and Outreach Committee, SCR offers a comprehensive array of programs to make live theatre accessible to our community. Check out the many ways we connect theatre and young people.
- Acting Classes - Year-round acting classes for kids, teens and adults.
- Neighborhood Conservatory Acting Classes - Free after-school acting classes and workshops at select local elementary schools and community centers.
- Theatre for Young Audiences – plays especially for young people and their families.
- Theatre Access - Underserved high school and college students groups receive free admission to productions through the Theatre Access program. Qualifying high school departments and subject areas include theatre, English, history and other subjects. For colleges and universities, the qualifying Theatre Access department is theatre. Call (714) 708-5549 or email [email protected] for more information.
- Subscriptions - Special subscription discounts for students and educators.
- College & University Group Tickets - Group tickets are a budget-friendly way for college and university classes and groups of students to experience plays at SCR.
- MyStage - The MyStage program is specially designed for 15-to 25-year-olds. Members get special $10 discounted tickets for shows at South Coast Repertory.
We also have the Educator Resources Hub, which includes a comprehensive array of resources to help teachers bring the excitement of live theatre into their classrooms, including study guides, videos and articles.
Significant annual support for Theatre for Young Audiences provided by The Segerstrom Foundation, Leona Aronoff-Sadacca and U.S. Bank. Additional significant support for other education programs is also provided by Bank of America Foundation, Capital Group and Pacific Life Foundation.
Support for Theatre Access provided by Hans & Valerie Imhof, The Kobrin Family and Schalon & Giulia Newton.
The long-term development of Theatre for Young Audiences and Families and other educational programs at SCR is greatly assisted by the establishment of endowment funds. We deeply appreciate the following donors who have honored us with gifts:
- Folino Family Education & Theatre for Young Audiences Endowment
- General & Mrs. William Lyon Educational & Outreach Endowment
- Camille & Eric Durand Endowment
- Pam & James Muzzy Endowment for Young Audiences
- Sue & Ralph Stern Endowment for Young Audiences
- William Randolph Hearst Endowed Education & Outreach Fund
- Yvonne & Damien Jordan Theatre for Young Audiences Endowment
- Draper Family Endowment